Thursday, November 23, 2006

Mind F*cked

I think I need a vacation from ... me ... I just spent the first half of the day thinking that it was Friday, even though there were several indications that it was not FRIDAY.

Let's go over some of the items that should have given me a clue ...

1. paycheck on my desk ... that only happens on Thursdays. Saw it, acknowledged it, and then put it in my drawer. clueless ...
2. Coordinated a large push from our DEV server to Production for tomorrow ... tomorrow being Friday. All smiles, lots of head nodding, lots of agreement on the process for tomorrow, and plenty of use of the word Friday. Once again ... apparently no one was home because "FRIDAY" did not register ... if I could I would beat myself silly ... and not in that way you sick bastards.
3. Conversations - many conversations, with different people ... all ... frick'n ... morning. Things that were said "So you can review those resumes and we'll discuss them Friday morning", "We'll push the code FRIDAY morning.", "Happy thanksgiving, are you going out for the big sales on Friday?" ... notice the multiple use of the word FRIDAY ... it's peppered throughout all the conversations, I even made use of the word, yet for whatever reason it did not seem to register.

Apparently the little "me's" in my head have taken today off ... you know what screw it ... I'm taking today off too! See you later productivity and constructive thought ... I'll check back with ya on Monday ... DAMNIT I still have tomorrow ... ughhh. I don't care Monday it is ... tomorrow will be interesting.

yes i am this bored that i am writing about something as mundane as forgetting what today is ... thank god it's only september ;)

No comments: