Thursday, January 03, 2008

It's 2008 ... bring on the pink elephants and dancing pigs!!!

A year older a year wiser ....

It's such a cliche, but in many aspects I can see where it comes from.

As I sit here thinking over the past few weeks I come to a strange but comforting appreciation of where I am, where I've been and what I've come to. Time spent with friends and family especially during times when it's so important to do so, makes you really realize what you have ... or in my case how MUCH I actually have. You forget about the someone you don't have, the things you want, and the places you haven't been ... and you appreciate everything that you do ... for better and worse, you appreciate where you have come to physically, mentally and emotionally.

Maybe it's the dawning of the new year ... maybe it's much needed time away ... or maybe it's just growing up in more than a physical sense ... either way it's 2008 and the word "possibility" makes me happy.

No comments: