Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hanging out with me, myself and I

I know this is quite the departure from all my posts so long ago, but lately I can't help but think about things. Good, bad whatever ... maybe it's just a phase, who knows, but sometimes it definitely produces some rather interesting thoughts. This weekend has been a particularly good one for just that. Don't worry no over analyzing. These are strictly observations ...

Just sitting here and thinking about all the things that goes on in life ... it's pretty amazing. All the things you go through, all the people you meet, conversations you have, notes you exchange, things you see, things you hear, things you taste, things you feel, people you affect ... I wonder if anyone could ever truly catalog everything that someone could experience throughout the course of their life?

There is so much that you or I as an individual can go through ... and then when you start to consider how many people are out running around in this world, and all the things they are experiencing, doing, living through ... it's mind blowing.

For example at any given moment, someone is crying, someone is laughing, someone is eating, someone is going to bed, someone is waking up, someone is hurting, someone is thinking that this is the best day of their life ... and it just goes on and on ... it's insane.

Now think that you're just one person doing all those things, and multiply it by however many other people are living in the world right now ... it just makes you feel so insignificant. The really cool thing - and I first thought of this while tree planting - if you look up at the sky, you know there are people out there looking up at the same sky you are at the exact moment you are. By doing that, even though we're all apart, it's as though we're connected ...

That's all I wanted to say ... it's just a thought ... and somewhere out there someone else is thinking the exact same thing I am.

ok ... that was my philosophical discussion of the day ...

No comments: