Wednesday, June 13, 2007

In need ... indeed

As I sit here watching summer pass outside my window, I can't help but feel so ... BLAH ... unmotivated, distracted, antsy ...

I need some serious excitement, I need to be on the road, going somewhere - DESPERATELY! I've always told myself that I would never allow my life to feel like a routine, but unfortunately that's exactly what it feels like. I find each week blends into the next. There is no end or beginning, it's just one complete circle and I just go around and around ... and before I know it, fall will be here, leaves will be changing and I'll be scratching my head wondering where the time went.

Now as I sit here inching closer and closer to 4 years in the same city, I am slowly being reminded of how much I enjoy the challenge of starting a new life. I always wondered if I liked moving every 3 years out of necessity, or if it was the excitement and thrill of the adventure. Some people would think it's silly ... but there is something about starting over in completely new surroundings that I find so invigorating.

Maybe I just need a vacation ... no ... I KNOW I need a vacation.

No comments: