Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Downtime

There is a lot to be said for sitting alone at home ... with a glass of wine, a good book, and some good friends on the stereo ...

The overall effect is one of calm, one of peace, and a general sigh of the soul that releases all the stress and worries of the day. With every sip and every note played, it's as though one more thing has been washed out of the system. It's something that I haven't done in a long ... long time ... and now that I sit here in silence with nothing but Otis breaking his heart, the warm tingle of the wine as it passes past my palette, and the peace and calm to consider all things great and small ...

I wonder why I don't do it more often. Why is there always such a rush to move things forward, go somewhere, get something done ... sometimes, maybe not all the time ... but sometimes a little procrastination and a little time to be with yourself is just what you need the most.

No comments: