Tuesday, February 20, 2007

honesty

I try to lead a life of honesty ... I think that people sometimes veer from that path mainly to avoid certain small issues, but at other times they do it to hide inconvenient truths. I think more than anything else dishonesty has to be my biggest pet peeve.

I try and treat each and every person I meet with a few things ... a certain level of respect, some trust (if warranted), and above all else straight up 100 percent honesty. Unfortunately more and more I've come to realize that it's an idealistic view of the world, and of people. I know I've already said this before but ... my best attribute and biggest flaw are that I always try to see the "good" in people ... For the most part it serves me quite well, but I have to say it sometimes blinds me to the 1 or 2 percent of people that I meet who are incredibly dishonest, deceitful ... I guess there's a lesson in everything and meeting those kinds of people from time to time is just a simple reminder that "YES" these people actually exist and chances are that over the course of one's life you'll run into a few.

I guess the main thing to take away from this is that while "they" are out there ... it's important to remember that not everyone is like that. There are lots of decent people out there, and as long as you're as up front and as honest as possible, then the chances of meeting those "undesirables" is diminished.

Life lessons are sometimes hard, but they're honestly worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.