Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Mean People Suck

It's something that everyone knows, you see it on bumper stickers, tshirts, coffee mugs ... so it's definitely not news to anyone. The problem is when you let them affect you ...

I don't know ... I guess I've come to the realization that I have a tendency to see the good in people. It's not always a fault ... sometimes it's a good thing, because I believe everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. People deserve second and third chances. You never know what they're going through ... but ... sometimes people really are ... I don't know, sometimes that's as good as it gets. Sometimes people don't deserve another chance, because they haven't sorted out their own issues and until they do, they can't be counted on. You can't think that they will have the decency to at least treat you like a human being. Sometimes people really are untrustworthy, dishonest, deceitful ... and you just have to accept that. It's the sad reality of life.

My tendency to see the good is what allows people to walk all over me, and disrespect me. I guess I'm just too damn "nice".

No comments: