Saturday, January 27, 2007

Teeter Totter

Like a thief you enter my mind ... slipping in through some window that was left open, a door that was ajar ...

When all seems safe, and there is nothing but peace and calm throughout the house, you make your entrance. Slipping past the security, bounding up the steps, and entering again to a place you once occupied. It's an intrusion ... it's unlawful entry ... it's not fair.

... and yet I let you. So the scales tip back and forth, like a swing swaying not knowing if it's up or down or up again. It's my fault for not locking up, for not taking the time to make sure that all the doors are bolted, windows are shut ... I guess I just like the breeze and fresh air to waft through. It keeps things fresh and open.

... and yet I let you ... so back and forth, to an fro, here and there ... and here again.

No comments: