Friday, March 02, 2007

My Tattoo

Well I finally did it ... It only took 9 years, and countless wasted hours and designs, but I finally found the right one, the right artist, and the right time.

The original design was drawn in 2003 during a particulary tough time in my life. Coincidentally ... I found it in my sketch book while I was going through a terrible rough patch at the end of last year. It was just comforting to know that I'd been there before ... and that YES things do get better.

So ... I couldn't think of a better piece of art to have forever etched or "inked" into my skin. It reminds me of where I've been and where I hope to go. It brings me back to a rough time in my life, while reminding me that things do get better. Things move forward, they improve, and even though sometimes it may feel as the world is conspiring against you, hope and the promise of better tomorrows always win out.

(note: the first chance I get, I'll scan and upload the original sketch so you can see the transformation from drawing to tattoo)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice ink job