Tuesday, March 27, 2007

See Ya Later ...

See ya later ... that's right Harold has officially left the building, or in this case my pancreas.

Yup not a twitch or pang of pain ... it's all gone. I guess he just couldn't handle the low fat, no alcohol diet that I was feeding him. So I'm assuming he eventually just packed his bags and hit the road. I for one am grateful that the little bastard has finally left ... but as I look back on this little experience, I think it's important to take note of a few key lessons.

1. Too much of anything is never a good thing, no matter how much fun it could be at the time, eventually there are consequences. In this case a gnome set up shop in my innards.
2. Have to be more careful in the future, and just keep more of a mental note on intake, etc. Also ... I am reminded again of how I should trust my instincts. This is the third or fourth time in the past few months where I did not listen, and it always ended with disaster of some kind.
3. Gnomes are terrible little creatures ...

Anyways ... I'm just happy that Harold has left, and here's to hoping that he never returns.

In other news ... how crazy is it to think that there was a gnome living in my body? I really need to lay off ... whatever it is I've been eating, smoking or drinking ... :)

No comments: